Zebra Access has resumed it's Employment Services via the 'Black Country Futures' project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund following our previous project which ran until April 2022 overachieving our target of getting Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people into work and education by some 300+%.
Our strength lies in being a truly Deaf-led organisation that shapes our culture and values and how we deliver these services. Our spectrum of specialist services allows us to take a holistic approach when working with individual Deaf and hard of hearing customers some distance from the workplace and thus encourages empowerment and independence.
WHAT WE PROVIDE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS:
- Fully inclusive employment support in BSL
- Career guidance and creating CVs
- One-to-one support or group work
- Assist with job searching and job applications
- Interview roleplay training and support at interviews
- Assist with setting up Access to Work
- In work support
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS:
- ‘Let’s talk about you’ – your skills and experience, do you want to go into education, training, apprenticeships, volunteering, work placement, paid work?
- ‘Let’s create’ your Action Plan – the Gateway to your future!
- ‘Let’s go forward’ with workshops in CV writing, cover letters, how to apply for jobs, interview role-play, access to work, confidence building, gaining new skills, and much more!
- One-to-one support – to help you find the most suitable job and help you sustain your new placement
GET IN TOUCH - contact our Specialst Employment Officer, Linda Beasley, via email: email@example.com or Text/WhatsApp/Facetime: 07482484237
FEEDBACK COMMENTS: Some lovely feedback comments from those we have supported into work:
“Zebra Access were very helpful and assisted me a lot to find a job quickly and during COVID-19. I thought it would be impossible after 4 months but I found a job with NHS, thanks to Zebra Access!” Ali.
Read Ali’s story here Zebra Access (zebra-access.com)
“I was amazed to gain a job in such a short time. I started my one-to-one support with Zebra Access and within a week they arranged my interview and supported me with interview practice, how to demonstrate my skills, dress code etc which I found very useful. I was so pleased when I was offered the job! Big thanks to Zebra Access, without them I would not have got this job!” Richard
Read Richard’s story here Zebra Access (zebra-access.com
With the support of funders such as the National Lottery's Community Fund, BFI, Foundations, Trusts and so on, Zebra Access CIO provides a range of free services and support to Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing and Deafened people and communities. Zebra Access staff, volunteers have the right to work in a safe and abuse free environment alongside with service users. The organisation will not tolerate any kind of abuse against its staff, volunteers, service users or property.find out More