Latest News< Back to the news
Wellbeing Officer vacancy
Zebra Access has a Wellbeing Officer vacancy to continue the development of Wellbeing services for Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people in Wolverhampton, the Black Country and surrounding areas.
The role of Wellbeing Officer will be instrumental in supporting Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people in managing, adapting and maintaining their well-being with support from the Project Development Manager and team.
This is a project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and candidates applying for this role will need to:
- Challenge new and existing wellbeing barriers that many Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people experience due to communication and society barriers
- Develop and provide 1 to 1 and group support to Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people to build their stability, confidence and well-being, and ultimately engage in the wider society.
- Work with local and Deaf related health organisations and partners to make sure their well-being services and activity provision are accessible to Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people to reduce social isolation and improve their well-being.
- Be a self-starter and able to work on your own initiative.
- Be a fluent BSL user.
- Have experience of working and communicating with a range of people in a variety of settings.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- The well-being of Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people.
- Developing access to relevant services.
- Increasing awareness of Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people’s well-being barriers.
- Working towards eliminating the barriers that Deaf people face on a daily basis.
Job Title: Wellbeing Officer
Hours of Work: Fixed term contract until April 2024 based on 2 days per week (16 hours) equivalent. Flexible working is essential. Days/hours of work will be agreed upon appointment.
Workplace: Based in Wolverhampton and working across the Black Country and surrounding areas, including working from home, as required.
If you feel that you are the kind of person we are looking for to lead and deliver this project, please apply accordingly below:
How to apply: Send your CV and covering letter, stating why you feel you are the best person for this job, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 14th August 2023 - 5pm.
Interviews will take place within a couple of weeks after the deadline.
Please contact Bob Marsh by email: email@example.com or by text/WhatsApp: 07475755229 if you have any further queries or wish to have an informal discussion about the vacancy.
Click here for full Job Description, Personal Specifications and Terms & Conditions
With the support of funders such as the National Lottery's Community Fund, BFI, Foundations, Trusts and so on, Zebra Access CIO provides a range of free services and support to Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing and Deafened people and communities. Zebra Access staff, volunteers have the right to work in a safe and abuse free environment alongside with service users. The organisation will not tolerate any kind of abuse against its staff, volunteers, service users or property.find out More