Latest News< Back to the news
New Social Media Officer vacancy
Zebra Access are looking for a new Social Media Officer to join our team.
- Job Title: Social Media Officer
- Hours of Work: Fixed term until April 2024. 2 days per week (16 hours), flexible working is essential. Days of work will be agreed upon appointment.
- Workplace: Work from home.
- Salary: £22K pro rata
The Social Officer will be instrumental in supporting Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people/communities and the development of Zebra Access social media interaction and online activities, with support from the Project Development Manager.
This is a project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund which will run to 2024. Candidates applying for this role will need to:
- Create, develop and deliver Social Media/Digital contents and strategies to diversify Zebra Access’ presence across all major social media platforms.
- Have some experience in managing successful social media contents.
- Work with the local community, companies and potential partners/service providers to raise funds required to deliver services/training/events for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people.
- Explore opportunities to increase social media/digital engagement with Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people/communities.
- Have some knowledge/experience of the barriers that Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people/communities face daily.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Social Media/Digital engagement.
- Communicating and supporting Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing communities virtually (via online or social media platforms).
- Understanding and providing digital communication access solutions for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people facing daily barriers in society.
- Developing website and social media platforms to maximise Zebra Access’ presence across all platforms.
- Providing opportunities to empower Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people and charities by giving them virtual voice.
If you feel that you are the kind of person we are looking for to lead and deliver this project, please contact Chris Beech by email: email@example.com or by text: 07761096732 to arrange an informal discussion or for clarification around the job description/person specification.
How to apply: Send your CV and covering letter, stating why you feel you are the best person for this job, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 18th May 2022 by 5pm
Interviews: Date of interviews to be undertaken within 2 weeks from deadline.
Click here for more details about Job Description, Personal Specification and Terms & Conditions
Zebra Access CIO provides services and support to Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people with thanks to The National Lottery Community Fund. Services includes Employment Services, English/Maths tutorials, Advocacy, Community Development, BSL/Deaf Awareness, drop-in sessions dealing with a range of queries, complaints, form filling, and many more. Zebra Access staff and volunteers have the right to work in a safe and abuse free environment. The organisation will not tolerate any kind of abuse against its staff, volunteers or property.find out More