Latest News< Back to the news
EXCITING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER VACANCY
Zebra Access CIO has an exciting Community Development Officer vacancy. This is a project funded by The National Lottery Community Fund which will run to 2024. Candidates applying for this role will need to:
- Have a proven record in developing and delivering community-based projects.
- Work with the local community and potential partners/service providers to develop and establish the required services/training/events, removing the barriers that Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people currently face.
- Develop partnerships and increase awareness amongst existing service providers and charities, of the issues currently faced by their Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing customers/clients.
- Explore the provision of activities and services that are currently being enjoyed by mainstream/hearing people (for example, golf/yoga sessions, IT drop-in sessions where people can bring their devices and learn about how to use them, be-friending schemes, etc.) then establish the provision of equivalent services for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people.
- Have attained BSL Level 3 as a minimum or equivalent signing ability.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Developing services for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing communities.
- Supporting Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people in all areas of life.
- Understanding and providing communication access solutions for Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearingpeople facing daily barriers in society.
- Developing robust partnerships.
- Inspiring and mentoring Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people.
If you feel that you are the kind of person we are looking for to lead and deliver this project, please contact Chris Beech by email: email@example.com or by text: 07761096732 to arrange an informal discussion or for clarification around the job description/person specification.
How to apply: Send your CV and covering letter, stating why you feel you are the best person for this job, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 23rd March 2022 by 5pm
Interviews: Date of interviews to be undertaken within 2 weeks from deadline.
Click here for full Job Description and Personal Specification
Zebra Access CIO provides services and support to Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing people with thanks to The National Lottery Community Fund. Services includes Employment Services, English/Maths tutorials, Advocacy, Community Development, BSL/Deaf Awareness, drop-in sessions dealing with a range of queries, complaints, form filling, and many more. Zebra Access staff and volunteers have the right to work in a safe and abuse free environment. The organisation will not tolerate any kind of abuse against its staff, volunteers or property.find out More